Monday 14 January 2013

GlamGlow Mud Mask

So I'm back in Canada and it only took a few days before I made my way to my closest Sephora. Coming from the nation (Australia) with the least access to popular brands than anywhere else, an inflated pricing system that had me spending near 60% more and a need for lots of products unnecessary in a colder climate, Sephora was SO exciting!!!

I had a limited amount of money to spend while there and so spent a fair amount of time deciding what I'd get. As I was spending money I'd been given as a gift, I decided to pick something up that would be a bit of a splurge instead of something I needed. Gifts are better that way!
So as the name of this post suggests, I got the famous cult mud mask product by GlamGlow. I had heard about this first from Ruth from AModelRecommends and really trust her opinion as a quite a few of her suggestions are now products I couldn't live without. Check out her blog here

The product I decided to pick up was GLAMGLOW's Super-Mud Clearing Treatment. It is the newest product from the brand along with their first product the Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask. I was lucky enough to pick up the last special offer kit with two samples of the Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask attached. Both products as that you leave the mask on anywhere from 5-20 minutes and wash them off with warm water. The Tingling & Exfoliating mask asks that you remove using small circular motions to benefit from the little bits that will exfoliate your skin. The Super-Mud Clearing Treatment can be used as both a mask or a spot treatment.

The Super-Mud Clearing Treatment Mask boasts a huge amount of claims on their packing. It claims to be 
The World's most-Scientifically Advanced SUPER-MUD Clearing Treatment, Clinically Developed by GLAMGLOW Dermatological Chemist to help fight all common skin concerns.
It goes on to mention some of those skin concerns as Problem Skin, Blemishes, Pimples, Breakouts, Zits, Spots, Black & White Heads, to name a few. But I think if you look a bit closer you will find you just read eight ways to say acne. 

Now don't get me wrong, I think this stuff is pretty awesome and after using it I seriously had a blemish disappear into thin air. It dries quickly and its super hard, you can't even laugh whilst completely covered. It is also cruelty free, good for all skin types and paraban free (not to mention the long long list of wonderfully natural ingredients), and I love that too.
(Follow me on Twitter - @LJ1224 & Instagram - laurajane1224
to see me post pictures like this :p )

So although this product is hyped up, comes in a super swanky package, boasts all sorts of claims that add up to very little and costs $69 dollars for a 34g pot, I also think it is luxurious and WORKS! It isn't something I'd keep buying, but that's just because of the price. I think its certainly worth thinking about buying and is really a treat. A little really does go a long way and I'll say it again, its really effective. 

Thanks for reading! Please don't forget to follow my blog! 
XOXOX


No comments:

Post a Comment