Thursday 3 May 2012

Review: Revlon Colourburst Lipsticks

I have been using this product for a few weeks now, and with four different shades in my collection, I thought it was about time I did a review on them. 
Although new to the lipstick game, of the various types I've used I think this brand's best quality is it is super moisturising! Many lipsticks give colour, but usually need a lipgloss overtop as without one, your lips can become very dry. These lipsticks are said to provide "weightless color that feels like a second skin". I agree! You really feel like you are wearing nothing on your lips. 

What I don't love about this product is that it doesn't have lasting colour. In a lipstick, that is usually what I am looking for, and this product is so light and moisturising, that it comes off quickly. When I am teaching, I hate to have to re-apply my lipstick and will usually wait until recess or lunch time to do so. This lipstick really needs several applications during the day. But, this negative is also presents positives in my opinion. I don't want to be wearing a very powerful lipstick at school. I think its something that should be saved for my own time and doesn't belong in the classroom. Therefore, I have usually stayed away from any lipstick while teaching. Now that I am getting into lipsticks, I love having these Colourburst Lipsticks to take to school and be able to use while I am teaching. Although I may have to re-apply, I still think that's better then nothing at all!

The Revlon website all says that the product is "available in 20 gorgeous shades, including 5 new shades!", this means many beautifully moisturising colours to choose from. As I mentioned I have four colours in my collection; Candy Pink 008, Rosy Nude 065, Pink Sugar 006, and Ruby 085.

I love all of these colours for their own reasons!
Candy Pink is such a vibrant pink. It reminds me of a barbie pink and I love wearing it with other bright colours like bright green pants! (This colour just might be my fav!)


Rosy Nude is, in my opinion, a really nice neutral for my skin tone. I think its a colour that will look so nice in the fall/winter with so many of the clothes I already have. 


Pink Sugar is very light. It is a nice option when you are looking for a little shimmer of glitter but if you put too many layers on, it starts to look too white on my skin tone. I would suggest this colour for someone with a lighter skin tone then I have. 


Ruby is a beautiful true red colour. Other reds I own are no where near as moisturising, so this is a great option. This is a colour I will likely wear with a lipliner and I think its going to have an awesome effect!

I really like this line of lipsticks by Revlon! I think they have awesome packaging; the matte quilted effect on the outside is really attractive and the colour on the top makes it easy to find the colour you are looking for. These run for $23.95AUD a piece and I got three of these for free so its hard for me to say that they are worth the money. I think they are a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore brand but have loved using them so far. 

You can learn more about these products here:

No comments:

Post a Comment