Monday 16 July 2012

Rave: Avene Thermal Spring Water


What is it?!

I started using this product after receiving a sample size (50ml RRP $9.95) in the Priceline Skincare Bag.  I have been curious about this brand for a while after hearing about it a lot in the Beauty Blog-o-sphear. It is a French skincare line, which in my experience is a good sign. The French just seem to have gotten it right when it comes to skincare. This brand is known for its gentle, hypo-allergenic and specific care for people with sensitive skin as well as Atopic skin. This product is probably Avene's claim to fame and the 300ml bottle retails for $22.95 (I got mine for $15 off using voucher I got in the skincare bag from Priceline!).

What's good about it?

I tried this out basically just because it was in the skincare bag and lately I've been loving facial sprays. This one came at a really good time too as I randomly had some of the worst skin I've ever had. I had a huge break-out and my skin was so irritated and red and super sensitive! This stuff worked like a dream. It is said to sooth irritated skin and was honestly exactly what my skin needed! I used this constantly for about 4 days and along with a few other things, my skin really calmed down.

But Isn't it just water?

I know that the product is actually just water, but it has been dermatologically tested numerous times to contain a different mineral composition then most spring water. It just feels really soothing and soft on the skin. 

Avene Says: 
Avène Thermal Spring Water has a low mineral content, a neutral pH and a high proportion of precious trace elements including silica. It soothes and refreshes the skin while hydrating it. It works to comfort a range of everyday skin irritations including sunburn, razor burn, facial redness, itching, post-depilatory irritation, eczema and nappy rash. It's recommended to be used after surgery, after laser treatments or on skin that is irritated by prescription medications. As a daily skincare product, it is suitable for toning, whilst travelling, after the gym or just to refresh the skin in the humid summer months.

I totally agree with all of this!! The picture above shows the various ways that you can use it and I like to use it after I cleanse my face, basically as a toner. I spray it on and wait a little bit before gently patting my face with a clean towel. I think that this product would be amazing on a plane to keep you refreshed and hydrated. I also look forward to having it in the summer time to freshen up. 

You can find out more about this product here. I love it and think its really clean and fresh and simple. I've also been using a few other Avene products and have absolutely fallen in love with the range! You can pick this product and take a look at the other exciting products at your local Priceline. 

What do you think about this stuff? Is it just water or is there something more to it?!
Thanks for reading & please follow my blog!
XOXOX


No comments:

Post a Comment