Monday 11 June 2012

Why can't I buy this book?!

While Skyping with my sisters (one in Toronto and one in Paris - the life of living overseas with a huge family!), they both raved about a book I hadn't heard about. 

After looking for this book in every store I could think of, I'm pretty sure I've been living under a rock! "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E L James is impossible to get!! It is a new book (2011) which is technically fan-fiction ("stories about characters or settings written by fans of the original work") and in this case based off of Stephanie Myer's Twilight Saga (heard of it?). 

Now I have mixed feelings about Twilight, I loved reading the books, and read them within the span of a week back in early 09 but I also realise (as an english teacher) that they aren't written very well and apart from her ability to character profile well, the story is addictive, but pretty rubbish! That being said, I have since seen all the movies and am now really curious what all the hype is about this new trilogy! (See MIXED FEELINGS!). This book is SUPER popular but also is getting similar reviews by academics as Twilight received, those reviews in a nut shell say its crap, but sometimes I don't want to read a high acclaimed book! Its like all the rubbish I watch on TV, I don't watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians to fill my mind with knowledge, its because sometimes, I wanna watch a bit of crap!

I have now been to Target, KMart, Angus & Robinson, David Jones, Myer & a few other smaller book stores to try and find this darn book!! I did however find the last book in the trilogy "Fifty Shades Freed" and decided to get it knowing that eventually I will have to get all 3. 
Another interesting point I might mention is that this book is categorised as Erotica! Not something I am used to reading honestly, but hey, why not?! Maybe that's why I can't get it?! 

Have you heard of this book and haven't been living under a rock like me? Have you read it?! What did you think about it?! AND Where can I get it?!!!

Thanks for reading & Don't forget to follow my blog!
XOXOX


No comments:

Post a Comment