Tuesday 17 April 2012

Shopping Haul!


I have done quite a bit of shopping in the last month and I thought I would share with you some of the things I’ve picked up. I went to Target (a store we have here in Australia, but its not made its way into my city in Ontario yet!) and  got some great shoes, for a very low price, that I have been wearing to teach a lot and so when I headed to the square again I thought I’d look around there, despite it being kind of a cheapie store. You have to really have a look and make sure you look at the quality closely, but I found a nice nude tank ($9 and 30% off) and a really pretty lacey stretch shirt ($35 and 30% off). I wore this combo with a plain black pencil skirt at school and was told how nice the shirt was by a teacher, and asked where it was from from a student (I told the teacher “thank you” and the student that I couldn’t remember where! HA!).  I also picked up from Target a high waisted black like-leather belt, it was only $5.83.

I then went into Forever New thinking that I wasn’t going to get anything as a lot of their clothing is a bit pricey given the store. But as I walked in, the store clerk handed me a “Friends and Family” card that gave me 40% off the entire store including sale items. Needless to say, I got some things…

First a couple of body suits, black and white. I’ve wanted these for a while and liked the style ($29.99 each). 

Forever New Website
I got a beautiful high waisted blue skirt with black polka dots ($69.99). This skirt is so beautiful it has a classic silhouette and reminds me of pictures of the clothing my mom used to wear. I know that i were in Canada, she would just love it!
Forever New Website
A chanel inspired white blazer with lace detailing ($79.99). I look forward to the colder weather to wear this jacket. I think it is really pretty and will polish off lots of my outfits.
Google Images
A statement colour block necklace with coral, purple and pink (reg. $39.99 on sale for $29.99). I wore this already with a pair of high waisted navy dress pants and a simple white shirt. I got it for this very reason, to give some colour to a seemingly boring outfit.
Cute little coral earrings ($14.99). I love these earrings! They once again remind me of the 60s/70s and the colour is so pretty. I wore them with the new tights I got and my new blue skirt, it was a pretty funny outfit, I liked it a lot!

Coral tights and black tights (2 for $25). I loved the colour and just the idea of the coral tights and I got the black ones just because they were 2 for $25! ha!
A jewelled high waisted belt ($29.99). It is elasticised at the back and will really dress up a plain outfit. I needed more belts too!
Remember, I got all this with 40% off, so it wasn’t as extravagant as it seems in one trip!  I can’t post any more photos on this post, so I’ll add another post after this that shows the rest of the things I mentioned! 
Lots of things that I have worn as a teacher, I like to say. They have really jazzed up lots of my sometimes boring teacher outfits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment